Monday, December 15, 2008

PRAYERS

I thought I'd share some things that I know to pray for. Wanted share them with you all.

Prayer Requests for My Surgery

- That I won’t fall. My balance will be totally different.
- Peace through recovery.
- That God would show His power in Doug’s and my lives
- Strength & perseverance for Doug and Carissa as they care for me
- For my bones to REGROW rapidly and the fusion to be successful.
- Protection from infection
- Hospital staff to be alert and conscious of my needs
- For God to be with Carissa. This is a new role for her.
- For God to use this in my life and teach me things about Himself that I would not learn otherwise.
- That I would not be afraid of the pain & that it would be manageable.
- For good use of this down time & for my mind to be alert. (this may be totally off the chart but I'd like it!)
- Protection of my back bones during surgery. Some places that will be getting the screws are now very narrow. Pray my bones will hold screws in place.
- That we would be a “light” in the hospital and for an opportunity to perhaps minister to others who are going through what we are. The hospital ONLY does orthopedic and spine surgery.
- Patience for me. The recovery will be very slow – months. The progress will not always be noticeable. I will need to be a plodder.

8 comments:

Jo Ann said...

Dear One,
As I read through these multifaceted requests, I know you have been thinking so deeply about what will happen to you and what your concerns are. It is my (and our) privilege to "stand in the gap" for you, as Babby Mason would say. May God indeed give you His peace and keep you as comfortable as possible during your recovery.
Heb. 4:16 says "Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of Grace that we may fine mercy and grace to help in time of need." Keep your eyes on Him, the Great Physician. Much love, Jo Ann
(and many hugs)

Bob Creson said...

We are praying, Cheryl!

Bob and Dallas

Ruth Hubbard said...

Cheryl,
Thank you for this very specific list of prayer opportunities. It will help those of us who are mostly unfamiliar with this surgery to engage with you in this journey. I plan to print this list and will share it with the Office of the President team I work with here at Wycliffe. We will keep you in our prayers.
-Ruth

Judy Cork said...

Dear Cheryl,
May the knowledge that God will be with you through this trial in your life give you peace. The scripture verse I claimed through my illness was Joshus 1:5-6 "I will be with you; I will never leave or forsake you. Be stong and courageous."
You are in my prayers.
Love,
Judy

Unknown said...

Cheryl,

It is privilege to travel this journey with you through our prayers. You can be sure your many friends at Wycliffe will be doing so. Thank you for giving us that honor. Your list of prayer requests is a reflection of the wonderful, thoughtful person you are.

Blessings,
Russ

Dave and Barbie said...

Dear Cheryl,

Dave and I are praying for the peace of God which passes all understanding to guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. We are listing your requests on our church prayer website. May the doctor's have skill and discernment on Thursday. You are going to show us all how God can do miracles! Our love to Doug, too, as he walks along side you in this road to a "new life for his new wife, Cheryl!"
Love,
Barbie and Dave

Karen said...

With all your excellent organization and thoughtful research and thinking-ahead abilities, you are such a wonderful example to follow, even as you face this challenge. Some day I'm going to grow up and be like you! Yeah, yeah, I know... not possible.

Linda Suter said...

You're on your back
While I'm on my knees
Praying healing from our Lord is my urgent plea.

One of these days you'll be jumping for joy
The healing from our Lord will be your special story.

You're my special friend
So kind and so sweet
You're gracious and kind to all those you meet.

In His love & mine too,

Linda