Friday, October 31, 2008

HOSPITAL LOCATION

It has been a good week.  I heard rumor that Emory's spine and orthopedics surgery would be moved to what used to be Northlake Regional Hospital at L'ville Hwy & 285.   The rumor is true!  

I decided to take a look at the hospital since I'll be living there sequestered in a patient room for 12 days!!   The hospital is small and newly renovated.  Very nice.  There are about 120 beds and the parking is free!     The staff was very interested in showing me everything and even took down my name and "date of arrival" to give me a patient room with a couch that will turn into a bed. I doubt if Doug will fit in it -- but it beats a chair.  I saw the ICU unit. When I mentioned that Dr. Horton would be my doctor they were gleeful -- he's fantastic was their response.  I said... can I ask you a question?   Have any of his patients died?    They laughed and said -- NO.  I needed to hear that.   

Right now my focus is on having all my regular checkups for 2009. Yes I have to get everything done before surgery,  It's  filling up my calendar.

One more thing  -- about Doug that you might be interested in knowing.  His eyes are doing very well.  He will complete his cortisone eye drops next week.  The vision is so much better.  It is not where it was at age 20  -- but it is so so much better and he's very satisfied and happy.  Me too -- I'm going to need all of him  for several months.   Hopefully my preparation will serve me well in the recovery process.


2 comments:

Cheryl McIntosh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Cheryl,

Your friends at Wycliffe are going to be praying for you and Doug as you travel this difficult road. We're praying for the glory of God, for successful surgery and for a full recovery. Thanks for letting us walk the road with you.

Russ Hersman